- TM Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to Hutchinson Technology, Inc., a subsidiary of TDK Corporation, in the sale of its medical business (“HTI Medical”) to Resonetics, a portfolio company of GTCR
- HTI Medical manufactures and assembles tight-tolerance metal components principally for medical devices used to seal vessels in minimally invasive and open surgery
- HTI Medical has proprietary processes to chemically etch blades, create ceramic features on metal substrates and fabricate miniaturized electromechanical sensors for hand-held and robotic surgical instruments
- Resonetics is a pioneer in micro-manufacturing serving the life sciences industry; the acquisition of HTI Medical will expand its precision manufacturing capabilities
- GTCR is a leading private equity firm which has invested more than $18 billion in over 200 companies
For more information, contact our healthcare team at:
TM Capital brought valuable capabilities to the sale of our HTI Medical business, including deep experience in the medical device components sector, strong relationships with all of the key acquirers, and expertise in the nuances of corporate divestitures. The TM team’s commitment throughout this process drove an outstanding result for our company, our customers, and HTI Medical’s management and employees."- Steve Misuta, President & COO, Hutchinson Technology, Inc.